The phrase was used to signify Thatcher's claim that the market economy is the only system that works, and that debate about this is over. One critic characterised the meaning of the slogan as "Globalised capitalism, so called free-markets and free trade were the best ways to build wealth, distribute services and grow a society's economy.
No Alternative - Wikipedia
Deregulation's good, if not God. Specifically she argued that the market-principle of choice flows from the moral principle that for human behavior to be moral requires free-choice by people.
Historically, the phrase may be traced to its emphatic use by the nineteenth-century classical liberal thinker Herbert Spencer. In economics, politics, and political economy , others have used it to mean that "there is no alternative" to neoliberalism —that free markets , free trade , and capitalist globalisation are the best or the only way for modern societies to develop.
- No Alternative (OST).
- $5 Friday - No Alternative Tickets, Fri, Sep 13, at PM | Eventbrite!
- 'No alternative': Rainsy determined to return to Cambodia | Cambodia News | Al Jazeera.
- Der Tod und das Mädchen (German Edition)!
- No Alternative () - Rotten Tomatoes.
- Worlds Beyond Ours;
- Anti-Racism, Feminism, and Critical Approaches to Education (Critical Studies in Education & Culture (Paperback)).
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. Discussion of this nomination can be found on the talk page.
February Learn how and when to remove this template message. This article needs additional citations for verification. Isabel Cela : Guaid represents the alternative. Maryam Baraka : There is no alternative to a brick house.
$5 Friday - No Alternative
Thomas Massie : Daniel Webster is a very viable alternative. Select another language:.
Powered by CITE. Don't keep it to yourself Submit Definition.
- GET IN THE BOAT!!
- There is no alternative!
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Simple Home Repair.
- Navigation menu.
- Movies in Theaters.
- Indian farmers say no alternative to burning stubble!
- Islamfeindlichkeit in Deutschland: Das Auftreten in den verschiedensten gesellschaftlichen Schichten und der Umgang mit ihr (German Edition).
The fingerspelling provided here is most commonly used for proper names of people and places; it is also used in some languages for concepts for which no sign is available at that moment. There are obviously specific signs for many words available in sign language that are more appropriate for daily usage. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.
If by any chance you spot an offensive image within your image search results please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Cancel Report. Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!